Sunday, April 4, 2010

Time Loss...

When I said I'd tell you about all that stuff tomorrow, you knew I meant sometime in the next week, right? Because that's how we roll at Circle K... I blame the Alien Abductions.

So I only clearly remember one story - and of course it's the one about public urination. Who could forget that, right?

Elliot and I went to the part with some of the kids from our Y class on Thursday. After about 20 minutes, he was dancing the special potty dance, and I tried to take him to the bathroom. Unfortunately, the building was locked, so I looked around, and nobody was watching, and I took him back behind the building and pointed to a leaf. "That leaf is the potty," I said, "You can go there."

Well, he looked at me like I was insane and dragged me over to the bathroom door and said "Go In There."

I jiggled the handle, and explained it was locked, and let him back to the leaf. He looked at it with suspicion, and said "No, Thank You."

We went back to the park and played for another 10 minutes, at which point he was about to explode. I asked if he needed to potty, and he admitted he did. I explained our options again, and he reluctantly agreed to try the leaf.

I do wonder if Karl had been here and been able to model the behavior for him if it would not have been so strange. But I did the best I could to explain, and ultimately he had a little more pressure built up than I had realized, so instead of hitting the leaf near the wall, he blasted the wall itself... which I have to admit made him grin a little, even through the strangeness of it.

So there you have it - another adventure in single mothering.

No comments: