Friday, April 30, 2010

I have no memory of this blade...


I was preparing to hide out in the basement (again) from the approaching storms, and digging through the kitchen drawers looking for spare batteries for the torch, and came across this.

It's got runes on it, and lives in a little belt sheath. It's heavily waxed, as perhaps a teen gamer would do do keep the blade clean when battling dragons and orcs and the like. I imagine it was Karl's, or somebody gave it to him, or lost it in a game of runic geek poker late one winter's eve...

Thing is, if you recognize it and could give me any insight, I'd love a little glimpse into Karl's geeky days, so that when my own little geek is old enough to bear arms he might have his father's blade - depending on the story behind it, his own level of geekyness, and my confidence that he will only use it on orcs and dragons.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Can't say that I've ever seen it either - sorry!