Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mmmmm. Mac and Cheese

So I went all healthy last night, and thought I deserved a little comfort food tonight. I've gotten pretty good at mac and cheese using soy milk as a base for the sauce, with real cheese for flavor. I think tonight's may have been the best yet.

I got a call around 6 from V, my sis in law, asking where I was. Seems I had said we'd come over today to hang out, but somehow that fell into the pit of my brain where it's all gooey and things just don't come back out. We'd never set a time, so I guess I just hadn't really committed, but we packed up ASAP and headed over for an evening of LOUD.

Elliot saw his first rainbow, which was awesome because I sing him a few rainbow songs, and I like that now he knows what they really are, not just illustrations in his Wiggles book. When it eventually faded, he said "Oh no. I can't see him. Where he go?" I said he had to go bye bye, but he'd be back again someday.

thumpity thump thump, look at rainbow go.

I can't believe how big he's getting. And just like me, he seems completely incapable of sitting correctly in a chair, even for a meal. I just love him in these little pjs.


I've been knitting up a storm the last few days (yep. all that rain and wind? my fault. so sorry) and almost have a sweater to show for it. I'm working the hood, then have a front edging, then done! It's a little snug, but I've started training for the 5K, and generally working out more, and have high hopes of dropping a little weight this summer.

But first, sleep. Elliot's slept 2 of the past 7 nights in his own bed, and I'm hoping for another one tonight. At some point, I can't just keep saying "by the time he's 12 he won't want to sleep with his mom" to justify the fact that I like having him there. The cat agrees with me, tho - sleeping next to Elliot is the bees knees.

No comments: