Friday, January 22, 2010

SWF Looking to play Mind Games with your Heart...?

So I've joined an online dating site. Yeah. Not the first time I've done this, but maybe the last. I feel like I'm in a sea of crazy people. I read all these descriptions, and these guys write "I'm sick of the mind games," and "I just want a woman who isn't crazy," or "I've had a lot of bad luck with women..."

Seriously, guys? Take a marketing class. If all you do is talk about how things don't work out for you, or how much you hate 'certain' women, you're not going to find a lot of dates. Unless maybe all the women really are crazy. Find something positive to say about yourself, and something complimentary about your reader and her gender.

Me? I want to date somebody who loves women because, well, I am one. Crazy or not. I want to date somebody confident, outgoing, intelligent, and witty. I derive no pleasure from "toying" with a person's emotions, and most of the women I know don't either. Unfortunately, in dating perceptions can be twisted, expectations can be misunderstood, and people can get hurt. To assign blame to a whole gender, well, that's a little unfair.

So who's got better options for me? The online thing isn't throwing me a ton of options, and I'm really not ready to get too deep into anything too fast. I guess what I'm saying is if you had this thought that your cousin really needs to settle down with a nice girl but it wouldn't be appropriate to set me up, because I'm all fragile or emotional or whatnot, well, it would.

If this week has taught me anything, it's that I don't want to be alone. Independent, strong, opinionated, self sufficient? Yes.

Alone? Absolutely not.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey Jes keep at it. I met my boyfriend on match and he's pretty awesome. Bonus I got to meet his cool friends. I'll keep my eye out for someone to set you up with ;)