Friday, January 15, 2010

Poop!!!

So, I'm not exactly sad to report that I missed a first last night. I was out at a knit night and a movie, and Elliot WENT POOP IN THE POTTY!

Yeah, so we've talked about it a lot, and I've been taking poopy diapers and dumping them in the potty, then letting him flush them, but he had yet to do anything on the potty at home, poopwise.

Then, yesterday he managed to have 3 major accidents, all while I was holding him. Thanks, honey. What I've been hoping for around here is MORE LAUNDRY, and I'm grateful that you're so willing to help out. One of the soakers was actually while he was wearing a diaper. I have no idea how he did it, but he managed to get pee running down both sides of his pants and all over me, all the while keeping his diaper dry. One side? Yeah, I'd get that. Boys can *do* that. Both sides? My boy's got talent...

I dropped him off with mom around 6, and she texted me a few hours later that he'd used his brand new "Grandma's House Potty" (GHP) for the first time, doing all his business. I don't know if the GHP is superior to the MHPs (mommy's house potties) or she said the right magic words (bibbidy bobbidy poo?) or if it was just the right time, but whatever the reason, hooray!

Not that I expect perfection, but at least I feel like we're going the right direction.

YeeHaw!

No comments: