Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Never say you're bored.

Since stating that I was perhaps a little ennuied by the current winter weather, life has been much more interesting. I've had a few social encounters with other adults, had many kind and humorous invitations and suggestions on what I might do with my time, and given my son an enema.

Perhaps I should wait till tomorrow to blog about it, because maybe by then I won't be quite so freaked out by it. Not that I am, really, but if not all the way out, I'm certainly near that line between freaked and out. It's not something I ever considered having to do.

It's not something I ever thought of as "over the counter."

It turns out, you open the box, and it's pretty much the same thing you use to dispense hair color, but with a lot of lube.

And when you're on the bathroom floor, holding a screaming toddler across your lap, it takes a lot of lube. It also stops the screaming... right before it makes it louder.

Poor little guy - he's been blocked up for 4 days, and nothing was getting him to unclench, so I really had few options left. So up it went, and I squeezed 2 tablespoons of mineral oil into his little butt to grease the track.

I expected it to be like a bottle of champagne, really. I'd pull out the stopper, and things would flow like crazy, but I underestimated Boo's will power - and musculature... He hopped from foot to foot (with eyes as big as saucers) for an agonizing 3 minutes before finally agreeing to sit on the potty and let it out.

There was a lot of poop in there, but not as much as I expected after 4 days and about 50 lbs of fiber. I made him a small bowl of ice cream and Grandma and I told him what a good job he did, till finally he admitted that he did well, and seemed proud of himself, or at least glad of the ice cream. Then, suddenly he was hopping again, and we rushed off for another go. Seems all the fiber we'd been pouring in had softened things up a little more than I meant, because round 2 was VERY soft, and extremely stinky.

Happily, after that he finally seems to be feeling better, and he left with Grandma for an overnight there.

My life is NOT boring. My life IS a little gross.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hahaha, yep!

blacirsh said...

in 12-15 years he's gonna be SOOOOO happy you posed about this :)

Jes said...

he better be glad I didn't post photos!