Saturday, October 9, 2010

Time to clean out the attic...

I've decided I need to let myself let some things go. I've been a little afraid to really go through and get rid of things because I don't want to get rid of things just because they were his. But the more I think about it, the more I feel like it's actually worse to hoard things then to just get them out of the house. I'm not going to get rid of anything that genuinely reminds me of specific and positive moments we shared, but having a thing just because he loved it is getting silly.

So once again when people come for Elliot's birthday there will be a few boxes of miscellany that are headed for the goodwill unless somebody else wants them. And I will make myself be okay with that, because as I start to seriously consider moving, I need to pare down.

No comments: