Sunday, October 10, 2010

Holding on to Summer

We need a few more days outside before the weather turns, so I'm thinking sometime this week Elliot and I need to go apple picking. We've tried to fly the kite a few times, but haven't had the right wind. I'm trying to come up with more outdoor things we can squeeze in in the last little bit of warm weather.

I'm also trying to fight off my annual winter blah, which has already started to rear it's head a bit. I despise the cold, and the few mornings last week I woke up and it was too chilly to get out of bed without a string of curses, well, it's not good. Besides cranking the heat and spending too much on the gas bill I don't have a solution. Something tells me moving to Boston would not make my life that much warmer...

Elliot's birthday is coming up fast, and I need to get the house in order, but the blah has me a little under motivated. I did get a lot done yesterday, but I really hope it isn't too chilly this week so I can get more done and not have my whole Saturday spent frantically trying to clean and prep.

None of this is leading to anything interesting or print worthy it seems, so I best sign off now and go do some laundry. Woot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One way to fend off winter blahs is to come visit your friends in sunny California :-)