Saturday, September 25, 2010

Swimming with Sharks

Not that I am swimming with them, more that I want to.

We're going on this cruise in November, and the one excursion I had my heart set on was a scuba trip. It turns out, when you read the fine print, that one needs a certification for this. Part of me thinks the practical thing is to skip it this time and take a class next year.

But the bigger part of me has spent the last hour reading up on local dive certification centers.

I took a class in high school, and I loved it. We only ever dove in the school's swimming pool, but I dreamed of diving for treasure in ancient shipwrecks. So few of our childhood dreams are ever realized, and here I see one in arm's reach... but the costs, in time and money, are holding me back.

"Would I be crazier to do it, or not to?'' I ask myself. . .

Time will tell.

1 comment:

blacirsh said...

Do it... totally worth it. The only downside is you have to maintain the cert... but that means more diving :)