Thursday, March 4, 2010

Working out the workout...



We had another great day at the Y today. Our morning class, which moved from 10:00 to 9:00 two weeks ago, has improved a lot since I first wrote about it. The earlier time slot seems to have scared away some of the other families, so it's down to a more reasonable number of kids.

Last week, Elliot actually played with the group, interacting well with both the teacher and the other kids. We'd taken M and D to the airport at 7am, so we were early. I checked him in to the child watch, where he seemed to overcome his reluctance for me to leave much faster than he has in the past. When I picked him up, he said he didn't want to go play in the gym, but we went anyway, and he had a blast.

Today I had to wake him up at 9 and rush him to the car, and the resulting whack on his head (I don't know that I should let a sleepy baby try to climb up in his own seat again..) had him a little grumpy. He did eventually warm up, and tho he didn't play with the other kids as much as last time, he did play.

After class I checked him in to childwatch again, and I think I heard him say "Seeya!" as he practically bolted away from me to play with the toys. I went and did my little workout - which isn't anything but me and a machine - for half an hour. When I went up to get Elliot, he was dancing the potty dance and nobody was paying any attention (small grrr) so I took him to pee, which he did. In the potty. Yay.

He was in no hurry to leave, a good sign that he's adjusted to playing there, so I have no excuse for not going in more than once a week now...

We came home and played in the yard. I cleaned off Elliot's slide and bike, and scooped enough poop to make a whole new dog. So the little boys played and I did some preemptive yard work. I was excited to see one of the berry bushes has buds. I have a lot more cleaning up to do out there, but can't wait for spring!

Elliot's new addiction is Play-Doh. Tuesday I gave him the 3 containers from Christmas, and he sat for over an hour mushing little piles and putting them in and out of the tins, and impaling little pieces on a chopstick. We played with it again today, and he's still enthralled.


I've been dyeing fiber for the show coming up this month at Third Degree. Boy am I not ready!

More pictures at Flickr.... more news later.

:)

No comments: