Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Strange Dreams Again

No, I haven't given full custody to mom, but she did have him again last night. I bowled a little better than before, came home to a clean, dry puppy, and stayed up way too late doing stuff: changing aquarium filters, watering plants, tidying rooms...

Then I went to sleep, and had more anxiety dreams. Once again I'd misplaced Elliot, this time I was sometimes living with other families with 12 kids, and for some reason I had to take care of all of them, and couldn't find mine. When I did, he had become an infant again, barely crawling, and covered in bruises and scrapes, looking dehydrated and pathetic... Then I was paddling through a swamp, again searching for baby Elliot. Encountered many obstacles.

The cuts and bruises I know are a manifestation of my guilt over yesterday's tumble down the stairs. Well, not tumble so much as swan dive. Yeah. Somebody's got a bruise the size of Texas, and it isn't me. The swamp - no idea.

Well, I'm off to shop a little before retrieving the Bruised Boy.

No comments: