Friday, April 22, 2011

Not My Best Day


Actually, the day was fine. The evening? Not so good, so far.

Fin ate my favorite shoes while I was out today, then peed all over the house to apologize, then got out of the yard b/c somebody's been coming in and leaving the gate open. He ran in front of two cars, scaring me half to death, before finally running back into the yard because it was starting to rain and he's a weenie about that.

But not before he got covered in mud, which he tracked on the pee spattered floors.

The neighbors have been mowing my lawn and trimming bushes, clearing debris and weeds, and generally being awesome lately, but it makes me feel like crap that I can't take care of more myself. So the past week I've really pushed to get the outside spruced up, but it means inside everything's gone to shit.

So now the house, a mess already, is just awful, and to top it off I can't find my mop bucket or the spray cleaner for the wood floors.

Elliot's hungry, and we just got home from the grocery store so at least there's food options, but I can't stand how messy everything is, and I'm kinda losing my cool here, so I'm taking a little blog break.

You know, for sanity. Regain my calm in the middle of the storm.

Anybody want a dog?

Did I mention the poison ivy covering my right forearm and half my chin?

AAARRRGH!

(Mommy? Can you see me poopyin'? says a little voice in the background. Thank god it's coming from the bathroom.)