Saturday, August 29, 2009

Shopping.

So I need to buy everything. I'm out of paper towels, dish soap, diapering supplies, pretty much all my food staples (except pasta. plenty of pasta), kleenex... well, yeah, you get the idea. Major shopping trip needed.

Here's the thing - lately I'm trying to balance quite a few things, namely budget, environmental concerns, and convenience. These three things have me in a bind. I want to be a better person, but it's not cheap. Or easy. I guess if it were, we'd all be better, but there it is.

I want to compost, but I worry about Elliot and Fin getting into things. I'm considering clearing the Vine of Death with some harsh chemicals, then converting the area next to my garage to a little green spot. I am wondering if I could keep a rain barrel full just off the garage roof - probably better to put it off the house, i guess. One way or another, it's on my list.

I also want to grow things we eat. I had good luck with my early strawberries til the bunnies pulled up the netting and feasted...

Anyway, this is all neither here nor there, except that I suppose it is because here I am writing about it.

There's a thing on Ravelry for making re-usable non-paper towels - you just roll them up and use them like you would a pt, but then wash them. Thinking about trying this too.

Many ideas. Little time for execution.

blah.

No comments: