Monday, August 31, 2009

Lazy Weekend

We didn't get much done. All that shopping? No. But I did buy milk and eggs, so we're set, really, till vacation.

Elliot has become quite the little boy. We went for an oil change this morning, and he followed directions (such as "put that annoying Barney toy back in the toy box - we need to go Bye-Bye," or "Be gentle with the curtains because mommy doesn't want to buy Mr. Midas new ones") remarkably well. No fussing, no fighting.

I realize a lot of places put a "kid's corner" in to win over moms, and let me tell you, it works for me. Thursday we went to Knitorious, and they have a little bookshelf with kiddie stuff, which kept El entertained long enough for me to browse the racks of yarn at my leisure. The above mentioned Midas also had a nice little play bench with books and toys. I also love Schnuck's for having the race-car fronted shopping carts. Really, all these little things do make parenting a little easier, so I'm happy to shop more at places that try to accommodate.

Not so accommodating: the Missouri DMV. I tried to do the online renewal, and it couldn't find my property tax info. Alas. Now I have to go down to the city hall with Elliot (no toy table *there*) and find a tax receipt. If I've paid them. Which I think I did, but who knows. Sigh.

All in all, tho things are well. Elliot got another tick taller on his growth chart last week (a measure him whenever i feel like he's gotten taller, and he sure had.) We're starting to pack for Florida. Fin didn't pee in the house yesterday.

Yep. Things could be worse :)

No comments: