Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

Things at Circle K are strange. Two years ago we had a New Years Eve party, one of many that Karl hosted. It's hard knowing that if he was here, the house would be clean (which it's not) and he'd be in the kitchen preparing WAY too much food. People would be calling to check in, we'd be making sure there would be enough flutes for everybody to toast in the new year...

Instead, it's quiet on the home front. I've spent the last few days trying to move my bedroom upstairs, and there have been some kodak moments - particularly me trying to move the dresser up the stairs and getting stuck at the turn, pinned in a corner trying desperately not to let the thing fall back down and give Elliot an unwelcome 2am wake up call. So now it's sitting in the hall - I couldn't get it upstairs, but managed not to injure myself getting it back down.

I don't have plans tonight, other than to hopefully get one of the rooms in order enough that Elliot and I can sit and watch a movie, have a snack, and snuggle.

Wishing everybody the best in 2010.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy New Year! I have a chest cold and have been hiding from the world (and internets) for the past few days because I have been feeling tapped out. Needed to re-charge. I am still recharging, but obviously more interactive today than a few days ago.

I'd love to come and play Beatles Rock Band with you. Let's see what January can bring us (besides Jen having 38 hours per week committed to two contracts...)

Much love to you both.

p.s. my boys were almost all 4 years old before they would poo in anything but a diaper. Sam once held it for a week. :sigh: