Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NANOWRIMO

I'm trying NaNoWriMo again this year. I did try a few years back, and wrote, um, 2 paragraphs? before I gave up. It will be part novel and part memoir, as my main character is recently widowed and working through all that emotional crap that, hey!, I'm working through too!

I may, and may not, post excerpts at FulcrumMonkey, but will keep them to a minimum here. This particular heroin has no little monkey. I kind of want a chance to work through the other side of this crap deal I got - the crap side - without the Big Sunshine. the little monkey - you know - he's the good side. but there's a whole lot of dark on the other side of that scale, and i shouldn't pretend it's not there.

So.

Here, we continue to talk about monkey, who, by the way, rocks. I asked him to clean up his blocks before he could watch a movie, and he went and started right away. usually i have to help. so he'd got about half of them when i made the mistake of walking near the box. then he decided he needed to hand them to me, and I would put them in the box. I didn't like that plan, so I pulled my hand up into my sleeve. "Mommy can't help! She has no hand!" so he reached up there and felt for it, and sure enough, there it was. he scowled and pushed the block towards me "TAKE THE BLOCK, WOMAN!" so I pulled my arm ALL THE WAY into my shirt, and flapped the sleeve emptily. And he took me and placed me where my sleeve was directly over the block bin, and then stuck blocks up my sleeve, letting them fall into the box. Good enough.

Woot.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That kid cracks me up. I can only imagine what it's going to be like when he expresses himself verbally!

Hope to see you guys this weekend.