Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Replacements, or, I'm Back!

I finally got the new computer. I opted for an iMac instead of another MacBook, and so far I'm happy with the choice.

While the transition from the Time Machine to the new iMac wasn't seamless, it was reasonably easy for somebody with computer experience. I hit a few bumps, but in the end all my data was where it should have been, and I am thrilled to have the new machine up and running.

I hope this will mean more frequent updates here, as I have been reluctant to blog from the iPhone. It was just too tedious typing out my always too verbose ponderings on the virtual keyboard.

This week I also plan to replace a set of speakers and a filing cabinet. Besides kudos to Mac for keeping my data safe, I also have to give thanks to American Family Insurance for paying for it all. Their service and support since the breakin has been fantastic, as was their help when I had the roof replaced.

Now, I am being called upon to operate some paper puppets for the boy, so I'm off.

It is good to be back.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Break in? I am clearly way behind...

Militant said...

Kewl!