Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Morning Blues

So last night while I was berating you for not reading (when it was my own fault, i know, for not writing) my roof was leaking. Karma? Maybe.

But still, I wasn't that harsh, and this is the NEW roof - the one that's only been up there a little over a week.

(weird. I'm suddenly craving a soft pretzel with cinnamon and sugar.. huh. And i'm NOT at the mall.)

Right. The roof. Leaking. You can get the details at FulcrumMonkey. The short version:

2:00am DripDripDripDrip
2:10am Text to roofer, sopping of water with towels
8:00am Text from roofer "be there asap"
11:45am (ASAP?) Roofers arrive, inspect, and determine it's "fine"
12:00pm I send them back for another look, because, well, there's rain in my house.
12:15pm Roofers re-caulk and leave, saying they'll be back if it leaks again
12:20pm Text job manager. Not happily.
12:25pm Callback from manager. Sincere apologies. Promises to fix any damage, make sure all is done right. More apologies.
12:45pm Blog
12:51pm Deep Breath, and off to pick up Boo. Need a little dose of happy.

No comments: